A stay at home mom
trying to find new crafts, sewing projects, recipes, and fashion ideas to try out and share.
If you have anything you'd especially like to see or ideas to share feel free to contact me :)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Going Natural Bombshell

So I gotta tell ya. I started about 4 posts, but I kept getting busy house shopping and taken care of my little man. So here is something that helped me get ready yesterday.I really wanted a fabulous post since my lovely blog here got featured on Love Notes By Lauryn thank-you doll! Unfortunately life and other plans stopped that. So yes, it's a beauty post. It's a natural make-up curly hair look.  I used two sites. Now, if any of you know me. I'm a black eyeliner girl (a tasteful black eyeliner girl) I have to be pretty darn tan or going swimming for me to skip the black liner. You may recognize my inspiration from Friday Night Lights or Charlies Angels. Miss Minka Kelly. She is sooo naturally beautiful. I know this is kind of a summer look, but I thought it'd be a last summer look.

Visit Glamour for exact directions (but they are very slim)
Make-up: Bronze eye shadow, all over bronzer, darker brown next to lash line, mascara.

Now I got inspired by here hair, but the site didn't really tell you how to pull that off except to advertise a hair product.

So I turned to my favorite hair guru. How to curl your hair with a curling iron: full head tutorial. Now I knew how to do what she was doing for the most part. It's how I curl my hair anyways, but she did point out a couple good tips. Like how to hold the curling iron in the back, how to make it so the top layer doesn't make you look like "Curly Sue", and how much of the ends to leave out.


Now my hair is a little longer than hers so my turned out a little different.  You guys can laugh at me all you want, but I tried to pull the Minka Kelly pose for this post (but clothed). I did it for you. You're welcome. 
Just a side note. My hubby dear was not at work, so since Luke isn't quite to the picture-taking-stage I did this my big ol' camera by myself in the bathroom. Please excuse the quality and the myspace style photo.

I know,
minka kelly 
spot on right?

I know the photo quality is impeccable and the modeling...? 
HA HA! :) (please forgive me, but I had to show the natural look)

This whole blog is about me doing and then sharing. 
Please be kind.
All links from pinterest.com

 Love you Dolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment