A stay at home mom
trying to find new crafts, sewing projects, recipes, and fashion ideas to try out and share.
If you have anything you'd especially like to see or ideas to share feel free to contact me :)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Feeling Fall: Pumpkin Pie

So my husband loves fall. He loves the fact that her can wear hoodies because it's "hoodie weather", he loves the smell of fall spices that I put in my scentsy, and most of all he loooooves pumpkin pie.  He likes it to be made just like his grandmother and mom make it.  I can't say I blame him it is delicious. It's pretty simple.

IMG064.jpg

Step 1: Buy a can of Libby's Pumpkin
This is the most important part. Follow all the instructions on the can. Ingredients, mixing directions, and baking directions. The only thing that you do different is add 1 tsp of nutmeg and a 1/2 cup more of sugar to the dry mixture. That's the "Chapman/Deans/McGregor" twist to things. It may seem small but it makes a HUGE difference. ( I would write all the directions from the can, but that seems silly since you'll have to buy the can of pumpkin anyways. Call me lazy or call me genius.)

IMG068.jpg


Step 2: Prep your crust
We just buy the Pillsbury pie crust because it's simple to use. Lay it out over the pie pans (as shown above). Cut the extra off with a butter knife around the edges. Then that your index and middle finger and make a small "peace sign" and take your other index finger of your opposite had and pull up the crust between the "peace sign". I tried to take a picture, but it was hard to get both hands since I needed one to take the picture.

IMG065.jpg

IMG066.jpg

Step 3: Pour in filling and bake
Be careful when putting the filling. It says it's just for 2 pies but I swear you could make 3 pies. I saved a little to put in once I got it in the actually got them in the oven because I always spill the filling trying to get it in the oven.  Follow baking instructions on the back of the "Libby's" can.

IMG071.jpg

Step 4: Cool Pies
Place pies on cooling racks for 2 hours and then enjoy. I like to buy cream and whip it with an electric mixer adding as much sugar as I want to taste. I recommend that over any canned whipped cream. Just a warning though, once you have the real stuff there is no going back...

IMG072.jpg

(sorry it's blurry)

It's honestly the best pumpkin pie in the entire world if I do say so myself.


Special thanks to Jan McGregor (my lovely mother-in-law) who always reminds me of the secret ingredients and measurements :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment