A stay at home mom
trying to find new crafts, sewing projects, recipes, and fashion ideas to try out and share.
If you have anything you'd especially like to see or ideas to share feel free to contact me :)

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chicken Bruschetta on Ciabatta Rolls

This is a super yummy recipe if I say so myself. It's quick, easy, and looks fancy. It's great for when you have friends over and want to look fancy sham-ancy. Did I mention it is sooooooooooo yummy!
Ingredients: 
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
4 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons of  Rosemary Garlic
1 Cup of Bruschetta
4 Ciabatta Rolls 
4 Slices of Provolone (or cheese of choice)
Step 1:Prepare
I used the George Forman Grill to prepare the chicken. You could cook it on the stove in a skillet also, but I prefer the grill just because it's quicker and helps smash down the chicken for the sandwich. I turned my grill all the way up and let it warm. I took the four chicken breasts and put them in a glass pan. I drizzled the extra virgin olive oil over both sides of the chicken pieces (I didn't measure out how much, but it was roughly a tablespoon on each piece). Then I seasoned the chicken with the rosemary garlic. You can season it however you wish, but I found the rosemary garlic paired very well with the bruschetta. I just sprinkled the chicken with it. Once again, I did not measure but it was roughly 4 tablespoons. 

 Step 2: Cut-up The Chicken
I filleted the chicken and then cut it into small pieces. This doesn't have to be cut into perfect squares, but make sure it's small enough for a sandwich. 
 Step 3: Cook Chicken
I spread the pieces across the grill and pulled the top part down. On the grill it only took a minute or two on each side. If you cook it in a pan just make sure that you cook the chicken til it's completely cooked.
 Step 4: Prepare Rolls
Cut your rolls in half. You can toast them before if you desire. I just warmed them in the oven for a few minutes with the cheese on the bottom piece. 
 Step 5: Put It Together
After toasting the rolls I spread the chicken on top of the cheese and then put about a quarter cup of bruschetta on top. I like a lot of bruschetta where my husband enjoys a little less. You may want to make your own bruschetta, but I was trying to keep this short and sweet. 
 ENJOY! 

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions.

Special thanks to my parents who showed me this lovely sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment