A stay at home mom
trying to find new crafts, sewing projects, recipes, and fashion ideas to try out and share.
If you have anything you'd especially like to see or ideas to share feel free to contact me :)

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Better Late Than Never {DIY Pom Pom Necklace}


I have finally done it! I made the pom pom necklace. I know! Took me FOREVER!!!! The crazy thing is it only took 15 minutes to make. I know, right!? Good news is if you are in my ward (well ward before we move) then I will be doing this at our Super Saturday. Should be a good time! For all of you that don't get to see it done in person here is my way of doing the Pom-Pom necklace.

The Finished Product 
{can you believe this is from an old t-shirt}



What you will need:
Flat Round Charm & Chain
Old T-Shirt (or any cotton fabric really)
Pen
Scissors
Tooth Pick
Hot Glue Gun & Glue

So I grabbed one of my husbands old shirts so that just goes to show it can be ANY shirt or fabric.  It's one of his old grunge shirts that he hardly uses anymore. (Oh by the way I used your shirt when you were at work sorry about the hole babe. Loves!) The charm I got at Hobby Lobby. They have lots of different sizes. I chose the 1 inch flat charm for $1.99 (sometimes you can get them 1/2 off). 

Step 1: Draw & Cut Your Circles

{excuse the Halloween table cloth. I just am so excited for Halloween lol}

I just used the charm to draw the circles. I recommend not making a solid circles like I did just because after it was complete I had to trim off some of the pen that was showing on the tips.  Cut out about 10-15 circles. Just remember the more you do the tighter it will be. 

Step 2: Bunch Your Fabric & Glue


Take your fabric circle and push the tooth pick into the middle so it bunches like a rose.  Then take the pinched together part and put a small amount of glue on it.  Immediately stick it to the charm.  Start in the middle and work to the outer part of the charm.   

Repeat Step 2 until "Pom-Pom'd" to your liking.

Step 3: Trim it up

I just trimmed it up a little here and there. I didn't want it to look too clean cut, but I did trim off any pen that was showing like I mentioned before. 


And just like that you have a fabulous necklace.

{inspired by The Stay At Home Artist found on pinterest.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment